Friday, August 01, 2003

A NEW WEAPON IN THE FIGHT AGAINST CHILD ABDUCTIONS
Teen uses cellphone camera to thwart wouldbe kidnapper

When cell phone cameras first came out, I thought it was the most rediculous accessory for the cellphone market. They grew on me slightly with those cute Sprint commercials, but I wasn't even close to considering buying one.

Then came this article from the Kansas City Star about a child/teen who used his cellphone camera to take a picture of a perpetrator trying to lure him into his car. He also took a picture of his license plate. The man is now IN JAIL! He has been charged with attempting to lure a juvenile into a car, criminal restraint and assault. If convicted, he could face up to five years in state prison. He is being held on $25,000 bail.

I'm buying one of those cellphone cameras this weekend.

Hey criminals, can you hear me now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home